Prussian Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prussian Empire

The Prussian Empire has a destiny, a destiny to rule over all of the lands of Prussia and Saxony, and further onward into Germany, across Europe. Here, fellows, we will plan the course to that final glorious end and help each other towards greatness.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire

Go down 
+6
Otto von Danzig
kongzilla
Enoch
Kruppe
Gamer Dude
jcunning
10 posters
AuthorMessage
jcunning
Admin

Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire Empty
PostSubject: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:48 pm

The Prussian Empire is in a precarious position.
Many lords have gone gone idle, including our dear emperor, Cortius. We are unable to properly conduct diplomacy, central leadership is collapsing, and our power diminishing daily. We have fallen in rank from 20th--and on the rise--to 37th--and on the decline--in a month. Our alliances are fraying, new ones are impossible to establish. More and more members are abandoning the Empire or ceasing activity, no doubt demoralized. War is, of course, impossible to carry out. As an alliance, we barely function.

But bright spots still shine. Some members--like Otto von Danzig, Graff von Kloetze, Williams, Gamer Dude, and too many others to name--remain active, and have dedicated themselves to the Empire, to the advancement of Prussia. New lords join us--nmhh has recruited some powerful allies recently, for example--and bolster the ranks. We have established budding relationships with other nations. Etc. etc.

But I think these glimmers of hope may soon fade if we don't take dramatic action. I propose a new empire, different only in name (perhaps "Empire of Prussia") and specific membership. It would remain friendly with this current one and continue all current relations. This forum would go over to its use. All policies would remain in force, etc.

This is not an act of sedition. This is a necessary change, fully in accord with the mission of the Prussian Empire. We will unite Prussia!

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gamer Dude

Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:53 pm

I believe that we should find the reason behind their lack of play. Many should have already been booted but some, like Cortius, are only a couple of days past the requirement. If they have had some tough times (moving, schoolwork, etc.) the we should postpone this until further notice. But yes, there is need for a change.
Back to top Go down
Kruppe

Kruppe

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:16 pm

I agree that Empire leadership needs to advise their intentions. Steps need to be taken to allow the rest of us to function and continue growth in the absence of the Emperor or Elders . Perhaps we need to expand
the officer corps and proscribe or define a quorum style leadership group empowered to make decisions affecting direction of the Empire.... I like this group but we do need to be more active to flourish

Kruppe
Back to top Go down
jcunning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

I've left a number of messages with Cortius since before Christmas but received no reply. Kruppe, I agree an expansion of the government and officer corps would be advantageous, if just for the reasons you've identified. Unfortunately Cortius never appointed a vice-chief (a position in the game that has the same powers as the chief, except the ability of course to appointment and dismiss a vice chief), so new officers and officials cannot be appointed.

Perhaps some more waiting is in order. Continuing on this course, an interim head of government/prime minister should be elected. Additionally, whether by election or appointment, a war minister/chief of staff must be selected. If this suggestion meets positive reception, I would nominate kongzilla or Williams to assume leadership and von Danzig, von Kloetze, or kongzilla to direct military organization. On the second position, my recommendations are less informed and forceful.
Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gamer Dude

Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:49 pm

I do not know enough about the choices to make an informed decision other than Kongzilla and Williams are the best two.
Back to top Go down
Enoch

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I am in full agreement. We need to regroup under a new banner. I'm all for it. Who do we pick to take charge?
Back to top Go down
kongzilla

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 pm

I completely agree with the general consensus. If Cortius does not come back soon we will need to reform before our alliance falters any further. In the event that we do, I would have to nominate jcunning for the leadership position. He has shown the initiative that a leader needs to have in this game. Whatever we do we need to act quickly.

The Kong
Back to top Go down
Otto von Danzig

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:00 pm

I concur.
Back to top Go down
Kruppe

Kruppe

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:05 am

Everyone logging is forming a consensus that we need to reform and move on so dare I ask the question -- JC // William will you two take the helm ???

Kruppe
Back to top Go down
jcunning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm worried I don't have the time to be an effective emperor or chancellor. I can't speak for Williams. Together, though, perhaps we would. Whoever takes the lead, it's essential that some person take the vice-chief position (i.e. chief=emperor; vice-chief=chancellor). I say we hold a vote now for establishing a new government, which would manifest itself as a new alliance.
Ready, set, vote!
Back to top Go down
demtri

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:00 pm

i agree with establishing a new empire since no one leade here and to be sure our alliance not going down any more.. i am almost time busy but i still going more and keep building to make alliance go up more
Back to top Go down
Graf_von_Kloetze

Graf_von_Kloetze

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:43 pm

This seems perfectly reasonable. If there is a leadership vaccuum that cannot be filled within the current alliance, we would be perfectly justified in creating a new one. We can always leave a message with Cortius and other absent officers suggesting an alliance or merger when and if they return.

On the question of leadership, I would happily support jcunning and/or Williams taking the helm. The most important thing is that we maintain both a leader and a deputy in the future so that we don't find ourselves in this situation again.
Back to top Go down
jcunning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 am

I sent out a message announcing the election to, I believe, every member of the alliance that has signed on within the last 10 days. All should have knowledge of this discussion and the vote.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Carton

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:52 am

I am of the opinion that we should form a new alliance with new leadership. I was also contacted by the Vikings alliance seeking to possibly join forces. That wouldn't be a bad move either. I've been watching us go downhill in the rankings over the last month, and that doesn't help the morale of the alliance.

I also think our military strategy needs some adjusting. It's fine to build up an army to protect your land, but we've seen what happens when everybody just sits there waiting for an attack. We should go on the offensive, finding strategic targets and eliminating them Besides increasing our prestige and ranking, it's more fun, hopefully keeping more people interested. I've been studying the strategies of Patton lately (a little late for our time, I know), and he's very clear that moving forward is the only way to defeat the enemy. Here are some inspiring quotes: http://www.3nw.com/lsn/patton.htm

I have roughly 25000 soldiers, and am ready to move forward at any time.
Back to top Go down
jcunning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am

We will not join with the Vikings. While they are friends, and bubban is an honorable and good man, we are all Prussians, soldiers of the Empire.

And yes, we will march forth on the attack. With a new government, we can set that direction, target our enemies, declare war, and crush all our foes. I have 170,000 soldiers. I, like Lord Sydney Carton, am ready for war.
Back to top Go down
Gamer Dude

Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I vote yay on the new empire, though unfortunately I have fewer troops as I have been focusing on technology and resources. I do believe I should step down as Recruitment officer and let someone else have a try (I have been less than successful). We need someone with contacts in many places and friends that are willing to join. And lastly, we need to eradicate all of the useless cities surrounding me with abandoned players. I need to see some friendlies!
Baronet and soon-to-be Private
Lord Gamer Dude
Back to top Go down
jcunning
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Please check the latest topic
Back to top Go down
twhite

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

I am in agreement with needing a new alliance and if we are going to have new leader then i also am for jc and williams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire   Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposal: A New (but the same) Prussian Empire
Page 1 of 1