Prussian Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prussian Empire

The Prussian Empire has a destiny, a destiny to rule over all of the lands of Prussia and Saxony, and further onward into Germany, across Europe. Here, fellows, we will plan the course to that final glorious end and help each other towards greatness.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Viking Betrayal

Go down 
4 posters

Do we Fight or Surrender?
Fight
The Viking Betrayal I_vote_lcap100%The Viking Betrayal I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Surrender
The Viking Betrayal I_vote_lcap0%The Viking Betrayal I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Graf_von_Kloetze

Graf_von_Kloetze

The Viking Betrayal Empty
PostSubject: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:56 pm

The Vikings, once our allies, have lauched unprovoked attacks against our alliance. When I demanded an explanation for their actions, I recieved the following message:

Quote :
Our goal is to secure Prussia for ourselves. We can not do that as we are currently constituted. You have no hope of being able to do that ever. The majority of your alliance is inactive (I have my sources). Consider joining us to reach a common goal together or continue to be farmed by us and our allies. I look forward to your response.

Their talk of reaching a common goal together is hollow. We were already allies, and our cooperation was freely offered. What they are seeking is our subjugation: absorbing us as conquered slaves rather than as partners.

Unfortunately, their assessment of our activity level is correct. Several members of our alliance left about the time that they turned on us, so I assume the defectors leaked the information. We will go into this war badly outnumbered. However, we still have a core group of active members able to resist. If we have the will, we can bleed our enemies white.

This is the moment that determines whether our alliance has a future. If we are determined to unite and fight for our right to survive, we can rise from this struggle with a renewed purpose. If we give in to apathy or fear, we cannot survive and do not deserve to.

Lords of Prussia, what say you?
Back to top Go down
Gamer Dude

Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I say we hold them off. We do not have the strength to defeat them all together, but if we can resist long enough, we may be able to convince them that we are not worth the resources required to continually pillage and or attack us. Start your armies. Prepare your defenses. This is war and we're in the middle of it.
GD
Back to top Go down
Otto von Danzig

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:28 pm

I assume they do have spies among us still, instead of offering to merge our alliances they decided to break the treaty. Seeing that their attacks aren't to massed up I'm betting at least a third of their players are inactive too. So I'm backing the bleed them motion. Capturing ANY of my cities will be a mammoth task but my capacities to help others are still limited.
Back to top Go down
Otto von Danzig

PostSubject: Done some checking   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Turns out that the defectors were among out most active players. Among them nnmh who I helped personally on many occasions. The problem is that apart the three of us even the players that log in don't bother looking here (only the three of us cast votes), forum activity is nil, and about half of our players are farms (mostly our top players). Having said this, I see no possibility of joining the Vikings after the way they acted, one thing I hate is blackmail and betrayal. They could have offered a fusion of both alliances. But the fact remains that apart the three of us there is no one else willing to put up a fight, and this leaves us with the question what to do next? Join up with TIETO maybe?
Back to top Go down
Gamer Dude

Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:45 pm

We must remember that joining another alliance surrenders our name, rank, and overall goal. Prussian Empire alliances have had problems with activity in its history. I say we leave the inactive alliance members as EmpireOfPrussia and be farmed while we choose between trying another alliance and risk seperation or denial...or we create another very exclusive alliance and try to hide from war until stronger.
You're the Cheif in the end Graf von Kloetze
GD
Back to top Go down
Otto von Danzig

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:55 pm

The problem is the defectors and the inactive players. The truth is that if we were to remove the inactive players I doubt we'd make it to the top 40. The game has reached a stage where new players are cannon fodder. In my opinion the only solution is:
1) Removal of inactive players (we should make forum activity mandatory too).
2) Removing the inactive players from the forum and doing the same with the defectors.
3) Hiding this section of the forum (can be seen without being logged in.
4) Fusion with 1-2 Prussian based alliances, but under a Prussian name.
Lets not lie to ourselves, without these changes we will be destroyed by other alliances sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Gamer Dude

Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Before we remove the inactive players, we should check to see if they are being attacked. If they are, we should leave them in our alliance to distract the Vikings. I fear that if we boot them, then our only decoy will be lost.
I do agree on the other points that we must find another alliance to merge with soon and to lock this forum from outside use.
I personally believe that we could create a decently strong alliance on our own and only bring in those trusted and active. That way we can retain power to independently act, yet avoid further skirmishes.
As a last note, I think those who have been decimated and continually attacked should, for a time, run to a stronger alliance such as TIETO or Party! or another friendly alliance and have them assist in defending themselves. We have friends, I think its time we call on them.
Gamer Dude
Back to top Go down
Kruppe

Kruppe

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Fight to the last man -- that's what this game is for !!
Back to top Go down
Otto von Danzig

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 am

4 votes in 10 days that says a lot gentlemen.

By the way this part of the forum is VISIBLE without logging in... still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Viking Betrayal   The Viking Betrayal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Viking Betrayal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prussian Empire :: Establishing a New Empire-
Jump to: